Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nigella on Northwest Afternoon


My day started in the audience of Northwest Afternoon. I knew Nigella Lawson was going to be there so I thought that it would be sweet to start my day with some cooking inspiration. Her smile was just as beautiful as it is on all her book covers with a magical nuance to it. She made a salad with halloumi cheese. Halloumi is salty with a firm tofu-like texture and it tastes great lightly fried. She also made a chocolate dessert which I will not reveal since all of you can catch the segment on Northwest Afternoon this Friday. Maybe you'll catch me drooling in the audience.
Nigella breezed through the cooking with a poise that would make any chef blush. Everything went by so fast and the segment was over before I could even digest what was going on. I was hoping that at one point we would get to sample the food but they took the trolley of goodies away. I was left intoxicated with a dominating chocolate aroma that is stuck in my head like the lyrics of song that I am unable to forget.
My day only got better. In the evening, I went to see Michael Rhulman, author of "The Elements of Cooking "who left me with enough inspiration to keep me motivated for the next few years. I will post about it tomorrow because such an interesting experience deserves a
post of its own.

No comments: