Monday, February 11, 2008
The contest is over and there is a winner. More details very soon...
For now, a soup recipe!
Tomato Basil Soup with Yams
This is a recipe for tomato basil soup with yams. The yams make it extra creamy and less tomato- like. The texture and combination of flavors make it irresistible.
3 tablespoons of oil
20 grams of butter
1 onion ( diced)
3 carrots cut into big cubes
5 garlic cloves ( minced)
2 yams (peeled and cut into big pieces)
9 tomatoes grated
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of sugar
Salt and Pepper
2 liters of water
Fresh basil as desired (about a handful)
Fresh cilantro as desired,
Serving suggestion: Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil and butter in a pot.
2. Add onions and sauté until soft.
3. Add carrots and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
5. Add yams, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper and water. Bring to a boil.
6. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Blend soup in blender.
8. Return to stove and bring to a boil.
9. Add basil and cilantro. Cook for another minute. Cover and let stand for a few minutes.
10. Serve with parmesan.