Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halva Heaven Dessert


This is a dessert that I witnessed a friend of the family create 5 minutes after dinner. Since I was already a witness, she had to give me the recipe.

Halva Heaven Dessert(only for people who love the taste of halva)

Ingredients:

Ice cream
pistachios(toasted)
halva(the kind that comes in chunks)
tahini
date syrup(honey would probably work too, date syrup is hard to find)

1. Scoop ice cream into clear bowl
2. Break up halva and sprinkle generous amounts onto ice cream.
3. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of tahini on the ice cream.
4. Drizzle date syrup on the ice cream.
5. Repeat with 2 more tablespoons of tahini and date syrup. Cover with pistachios.


Note:

She only gave me the list of ingredients and I wasn't able to guess amounts.
Most of the ingredients can be found in a Middle Eastern store such as Byblos Deli.

No comments: